[Announcement] ESXi5 Community Packaging Tools v2.0
I just released the first version of my ESXi5 Community Packaging Tools. These are two scripts:
- tgz2vib5.cmd (to convert a TGZ file to a VIB file, formerly included with ESXi-Customizer)
- vib2zip.cmd (to combine one or more VIB files into an Offline Bundle ZIP)
These scripts can be used by Community developers (who provide e.g. drivers for unsupported Whitebox hardware) to package their software into VMware proprietary formats.
Go, read anything you want to know about these tools (and the different formats that they handle), and download them on the project page
.Attention, Community Developers
: This page contains important information on how to properly package your drivers etc., so don't miss it!
- AndreasUpdate 2012-07-11:
Yesterday I have released version 2.0 of my ESXi5 Community Packaging Tools.
Changes in this version:
- Updated TGZ2VIB5.cmd to version 2.0:
- Added GUI options to allow setting of advanced VIB properties and installation parameters
- Added menu to load presets of GUI options for various package types ("Hardware driver" and "Firewall rule")
- Added option to omit payload checksums in descriptor XML file
- VIB2ZIP was not changed in this release
: A Windows script to customize ESXi 4.1 and 5.0ESXi5 Community Packaging Tools
: Create VIB files and Offline bundles from TGZ files