View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 GA-890FXA-UD5 issues 
Site Admin

Post Re: GA-890FXA-UD5 issues
If the oem file has worked you shouldn't need to replace it. Can you access techsupport mode, go to /bootbank and see if the oem.tgz file is the right one?

Now available - VMware ESXi: Planning, Implementation, and Security
Also available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 am

Dave.Mishchenko wrote:
If the oem file has worked you shouldn't need to replace it. Can you access techsupport mode, go to /bootbank and see if the oem.tgz file is the right one?

Dave.Mishchenko wrote:

Hi Dave,
My Host is already in techsupport mode so when i tried /bootbank it says /bootbank: not found. When i tried shutting down the host by executing shutdown.sh from techsupport mode it says
Boot partition /bootbank cannot be found. So i did a forced restart and this time as soon as it passes bios and start installing ESXi hypervisor in that yellow and grey mode i pressed 'Alt + F1' it gives following error

failed to load lvmdriver
no iBFT data present in BIOS
Error running operation: Invalid primary bootbank detected
sh:1 unknown operand
sh: 2 unknown operand
failed to load vmfs
and then it switches back to yellow get mode and gives error

No compatible network adapter found. Please consult the product's hardware compatibility guide for list of supported adapters.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 am

psaurabh wrote:
Dave.Mishchenko wrote:

Dave.Mishchenko wrote:

Hi Dave,
My Host is already in techsupport mode so when i tried /bootbank it says /bootbank: not found. When i tried shutting down the host by executing shutdown.sh from techsupport mode it says
Boot partition /bootbank cannot be found. So i did a forced restart and this time as soon as it passes bios and start installing ESXi hypervisor in that yellow and grey mode i pressed 'Alt + F1' it gives following error

failed to load lvmdriver
no iBFT data present in BIOS
Error running operation: Invalid primary bootbank detected
sh:1 unknown operand
sh: 2 unknown operand
failed to load vmfs
and then it switches back to yellow get mode and gives error

No compatible network adapter found. Please consult the product's hardware compatibility guide for list of supported adapters.

Sorry i didn't reply how i got this resolved but all i did was reboot host server maybe 3 or 4 times and everything was fine i have no clue how?

Now i have new problem i also want to learn working on SAN. So i am using NexentraStor 3.1.1 Community edition but only out of 3 500GB disk only 1 is detected. In Esxi datastore i can see all 3 but why is it nexentrastor sees only 1 disk? I have tried changing mode for HDD from IDE to AHCI but still the same. Anybody having any clue over this.

Thank you

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 pm
Site Admin

So you're trying to setup NexentraStor as a VM with 3 virtual disks?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Dave.Mishchenko wrote:
So you're trying to setup NexentraStor as a VM with 3 virtual disks?

Hi Dave,

So i have connected 3 hard disk to ESXi host and i can see 3 datastore on Esxi now i want to create a SAN which includes this 3 hard disk (500x3GB = 1.5 TB SAN). So that is why i downloaded nexentrastor Am i going in right direction or m i doing some basic thing wrong ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:44 am
Site Admin

That sounds fine. Have you create a virtual disk on each datastore for the VM to use?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 am

Dave.Mishchenko wrote:
That sounds fine. Have you create a virtual disk on each datastore for the VM to use?

Been so busy coming home at midnights on weekdays only weekends i have sometime for my project. Thanks dave i got it what u saying. I need to increase datastore block size from 1 MB . I took backup of VMs i created reinstalled ESXi and now created a datastore of 1.35 TB and now nexentra can see that :).

Now i have created a VM and given all resources to this VM. Now how do i created VMs inside this SAN ? I can go to nexentastor GUI but they i can't find plugin for VMDatacenter. May i need to read the document. Also i would post anyother question related to nexentra in a different thread as it no more GA 890 FXA problem.

Thanks Dave

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4