|First post: DELL Poweredge T410 run fine on Esxi4
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||c0wkim0n [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:15 pm ]|
|Post subject:||First post: DELL Poweredge T410 run fine on Esxi4|
at work, I bought this dell poweredge t410 last year 2009-12-31, spec:
- Dual Xeon E5520
- 4x2GB RAM
- 4x500GB SATA
- PERC6/i RAID10
- Broadcom 5709 Dual Port 1GbE NIC
- other standard stuff from this server model...
- no OS, but DELL do provide a DVD disc to help you setup your RAID10 configuration before selecting what OS you want to install, once the RAID10 setup, I can put in my esxi4 CD and boot up install from there...
- the whole system cost us $3,172cad + tax;
- it took me less than 30min to have the raid10 setup and the ESXI4 install complete with no error, straight out from box no hardware modification need... pretty cool...
hope that help :> need anymore info just ask...
btw, I just built myself an esxi4 server for home use, Asus P7H55-M mobo (disable onboard nic) with Intel Core i5-650 cpu (support both vt-x & vt-d and HT) and 4GB RAM (I shd get more) and Intel/Pro1000GT nic and just 1TB sata WD drive, so far so good, works fine for ESXI4 also... total cost for my system is $765cad + tax...
next i want to try adding storage controller card to make RAID10 config with 3 extra 1TB drive, wat card best? so far from what I read from HCL, it seems Adaptec 5405 will do, any suggestion for me? it cost $400+ here... any cheaper card I can pick?
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group