Motherboard: Tyan Thunder K8HM S3892
- 2x Broadcom LAN From chipset (BCM5780)
- 1x Intel Pro 100 - Enabled with oem.tgz
- ServerWorks BCM5780 + BCM5785 chipset
- National PC87417 Super I/O chip
- 2x AMD Opteron 280, socket 940
Using onboard SATA and NICs. Intel Pro 100 requires oem.tgz
Does support 64-bit guests (AMD-V)
Does not support AMD IOMMU
BIOS version: 080011
Still working out a couple of bugs. Occasionally throws ECC errors, but I believe that its because the RAM I am using has litterally been across the country a few times. Onboard sensors do not appear in VMWare, even though they are very comprehensive on this board.
2/3/2012- Reinstalled with ESXi 4.1 u2 and have added the following hardware;
- 2x HP NC7170 Dual port NICs (On VMWare HCL)
- 1x HP P400 RAID Card (On VMWare HCL)
Booting from CF instead of USB, boot times are much quicker now. Currently do not have the Pro 100 working.