View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 ip address as 0.0.0.0 

Post ip address as 0.0.0.0
Hey guys,

I was hoping you may be able to help me get my server up and running. My motherboard is not on the supported list, but if it helps investigate the issue it is a PRL-DLS533.

So far, my issue hasn't actually been installation. It did have issues recognising my RAID card but right now I find that less of an issue. I followed one of the guides here to install ESXi 3.5 Update 4 to an IDE HDD and everything went without a hitch.

However, despite my best efforts I have had no luck getting ESXi 3.5 to play nicely with the network adapters. They are listed on lspci, and the motherboard I have has two different on board chipsets:

- Intel 82540 (Rev 2)
- Broadcom BCM5703

The Intel adapter will usually run just find on a linux distro using the e1000 module, and the Broadcom adapter works fine with tp3. However, trying to get this to work with ESXi 3.5 is another story.

Having checked the logs, and attempting to load either module with vmkload_mod /mod/e1000.o or tp3.o yields an error of failing to load with error -19.

Any ideas? From what I can gather, both of these adapters should be supported but neither are starting up properly.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: ip address as 0.0.0.0
There may be some updated e1000 drivers here - http://vm-help.com/esx/esx3i/customize_oem_tgz.php. Have you checked VMware drivers pages for updates?

Now available - VMware ESXi: Planning, Implementation, and Security
Also available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]