View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Remote console not working after update of ESXi 5.0 

Post Remote console not working after update of ESXi 5.0
Hi,

I've just uprade/install from esxi 4.1 to 5.0 but have some issues with the client remote control

with esxi 4.1, I use The remote control plugin version 2.5.0 build-122581 to access VMs on the host. It power on the VM and display the VM :

"C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\VMware\VMware Remote Console Plug-in\vmware-vmrc.exe" -h "192.9.200.200" -u xxx-p xxx -d "[datastore] Seven_Office2010_VM1/Seven_Office2010_VM1.vmx"

With esxi 5.0, the same version of remote power on the VM but have a black screen, but there is an interaction with mouse and keyboard (verified with the console inside sphere client 5.0).

I search on vmware folders and found plugin for firefox or internet explorer (version e.x.p build-422570).
By launching the VM using the new plugin :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VMware\VMware VMRC Plug-in\Internet Explorer\vmware-vmrc.exe" -h "192.9.200.200" -u xxx-p xxx -d "[datastore] Seven_Office2010_VM1/Seven_Office2010_VM1.vmx"

give me a warning of authentification and the a blank screen : the VM is not powered ON.

And if I powered ON this VM using vsphere client, access with ne new plug in is OK.

Is there something to do with the old plugin to have a display ?

or for the new plugin, how to automatically power ON the VM with the remote control plugin ?

Thanks

ESXi 5.0 installed on a dell 460

Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]