View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 4tb RAID enclosure 

Post 4tb RAID enclosure
I have a whitebox system with Intel DX58SO motherboard, I7-920 CPU and 6GB ram. Attached to that system, I have a Sans Digital TR5UT-BP hardware raid enclosure with 3 2TB disks in RAID 5, connected to a highpoint RR622 SATA 6gb card.

Until now, I've run Windows Vista x64 as a host OS, with VM ware server on top with 3 linux- VM's. the raid enclosure is mainly for storage of my documents, photo's and movies.

I'm planning on moving to ESXi essentially with 4 VM's: the 3 linux ones and a vritualised version of the vista install.

The only problem I'm having, is the HD 2TB limit of ESXi. I want to be able to disattach the raid enclosure and take it with me when I'm on the road with my notebook, so the best option for me would be to passthrough the RAID enclosure to the Vista VM, but I'm unable to get it working. I tried to passthrough the RR622 card, but the RAID enclose don't showup in Vista. I tried to attach the RAID enclosure to a internal SATA connection of the ich10 chip, but I don't have any luck.

Does anyone have sort of the same setup and can help me? If you need more information, please ask!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:02 am
Site Admin

Post Re: 4tb RAID enclosure
Sorry for the late reply (I'm just returing from vacation).

How have you made out with this?

Now available - VMware ESXi: Planning, Implementation, and Security
Also available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]