Re: Failed to load lvmdriver on HP Z600 workstation w/ BCM57
The network card is 14e4:1684 onBoard NIC B5764M (same as scarf)
Please correct me if I have done anything wrong. (All the steps are done in Windows)
1. Download the ISO of ESXi 4U1 from VMWare website
2. Download oem.tgz from viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2002
(Creating driver for Broadcom 5761 to support Dell system)
3. I use 7-zip to browse that oem.tgz. I edit the simple.map directly, add a line 14e4:1684 0000:0000 network tg3.o after the line 14e4:1681 0000:0000 network tg3.o. And save it. 7-Zip asked me if I want to update the context, I answer all yes.
3. Using the ISO software to edit ESXi 4 ISO file. I add the oem.tgz into the root directory.
4. Edit isolinux.cfg.
I add the --- oem.tgz into append vmkboot.gz
append vmkboot.gz --- vmkernel.gz --- oem.tgz --- sys.vgz --- cim.vgz --- ienviron.tgz --- image.tgz --- install.tgz
5. Burnt into CD
6. Start install
7. After vmw_psp_mru loaded successfully, it has an error msg
"No compatible network adapter found. Please consult the product's Hardware Compatibility Guide (HCG) for a list of supported adpaters." (Alt-F1)
In the VMkernel log (Alt-F12) it has two more error message
sysboot: 32. networking-drivers returned critical failure
sysboot: Executing 'chvt 1'
I tried to follow your advice to scarf
"I would boot with the install CD again and when you get to the error
1) press ALT+F1 to get to the console - login will be root / no password
2) run esxcfg-nics -l - you should get nothing for output"
but the screen is frozen
I have also tried to typed "unsupported" in Alt-F1, Alt-F2, Alt-F11 and Alt-F12, but it is still no response
Can you give me advice if I have done anythings wrong?
or How can I try to load the driver manually with vmkload_mod, when the kernel is not responding