Re: A little help needed with on-board SATA...
I have some partial success, but since i'm not realy a Linux expert and i could really use some help.
What i have done so far:
- downloaded and unpacked the sources as described above
- copied ahci.c in the drivers/ata subdir to ahci2.c and modified it to support the "10de:0584" signature (Linux AHCI mode)
- modified the build script to create ahci2.o instead of ahci.o
- created a simple.map file and inserted "10de:0584 0000:0000 storage ahci2.o"
- built an oem.tgz containg pci.ids, simple.map and the ahci2.o driver
then i used the script from here to build a custom image containing the oem.tgz file
so far so good, my hard disk gets recognized during install, install completes and i can boot and run vmware from my drive.
However, i have tried loading some files into the datastore and the system crashes under load
as i said, i am not really a Linux person, can anyone let me know what i'm doing wrong?