Intel DG35EC (MicroATX Board)
Here is my actual setup :
I've set up a small cluster with 2 boards for my home lab.
Intel DG35EC + Intel Quad Core Q9550 + 8Go RAM (4x2Go)
- Intel® G35 Express Chipset
- LGA775 socket with an 1333 or 1066 MHz system bus
- BIOS 1.07
- Onboard nic working (intel) / Onboard Storage subsystem working (ICH8)
- You need BIOS 1.07 for storage to work.
- VT Active in bios
For information i don't install ESXi, i'm only using full pxe booting. (takes about 15/17 seconds for it to fully boot from power cycle, quite great)
-> This setup is great for silence
- Tested on ESXi 3.5 U4 & ESXi 4.0 (current).
- Using NFS / iSCSI network storage (no local disks)
I'll probably be adding another dual port nic for further testing (vmotion / FT and so on etherchannel and more