I install ESXi 4 on desktop computer for tests.
Installation was without problems or special changes in system.
Use this is CD: VMware-VMvisor-Installer-4.0.0-0.6.181792-Dell-Customized.iso
- MB Dell 0GM819 (Foxconn LS-36)
- NIC Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection
- chipset Intel Q35 (Bearlake-Q) + ICH9DO
- CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
- BIOS Phoenix Technologies A08, date 02/19/2008
- are the onboard NIC / storage controller working - Yes
- any changes required to enable ESX/ESXi to recognize hardware components - No
- does the storage controller support RAID / battery backup for write cache - Yes, supported
- does the MB support Intel VT (vt-x) / AMD-V - No
- does it support vt-d (directed I/O) / AMD IOMMU - Yes, supported
For viewing of the full technical specification on system, can see the report made in the program HWiNFO32 in the attached file.