MSI 890GX-G65 working with ESXi 4.0
- MSI 890GX-G65 AM3 motherboard
- 890GX chipset
- Socket AM3
- Newest 1.6 version BIOS
- Onboard NIC DOES NOT WORK / Onboard SATA II and SATA III controllers are recognized for basic drives. I did not have the drives to test whether or not RAID works. I seriously doubt it does as it requires a non-standard driver.
- C1E must be turned off under the Cell Menu in the BIOS. ESXi will load slow/lockup/not reboot properly if C1E is left on. Green Power for auto phase adjustment and AMD Cool n' Quiet is left enabled
- No BBU for the onboard RAID
- The board supports AMD-V, but does not support IOMMU
- The CPU supports AMD-V, but not IOMMU
- I couldn't use the ISO to check the FT capability of the processor at the moment, but due to its desktop nature I'm seriously doubting this capability.
MSI 890GX-G65 mainboard
4x4GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1066 RAM
4x500GB Western Digital Black 7200RPM drives in a Netstor NS-160S drive cage
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 6x2.8Ghz processor (I haven't seen the effects of Turbo Core in ESXi)
LSI Megaraid 8308ELP SAS RAID Card with BBU (PCI-E 4x in a 16x slot)
Intel EXPI9301CTBLK NIC (PCI-E 1x in a 1x slot)
LG DVD-RW 22x SATA drive
Any questions feel free to ask. I've long used this forum as a place of study, I'm glad to contribute now.