Asus M4A78-EM based whitebox
Thanks to the HCL list is was able to make my own whitebox! Thanks a bunch for that! I am using the following HW:
- Asus M4A78-EM motherboard (AMD 780G - Socket AM2+ - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 (RAID), eSATA - Gigabit Ethernet - video - High Definition Aud)
- AMD Athlon II X2 240 / 2.8 1 GHz - Socket AM3
- 4Gb memory
- Intel PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter
- BIOS version 1006 / 3-8-2009
- Onboard SATA works!
- No BIOS settings needed to be adjusted to get it running.
- Onboard NIC not supported.
- CPUID has everything ticked YES. I have not tested advanced features such as HA, FT, and Vmotion.
- Install ESX version 4.0 update1 to make sure you do not get a TPM error.
This configuration can run ESXi 4.0, 4.0 update1, and ESX 4.0 update1.