View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 [RESOLVED] Final Areca drivers 

Post Re: Final Areca drivers
Areca got back to me and said they had no plans to release a oem.tgz file for the new driver. :roll:

My first attempt at making my own oem.tgz did not work. I'm going to try one more time.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:44 am

SUCCESS!

I've created a custom oem.tgz file that works with Varazir's custom installation script. I have attached it to this post. Thanks to Dave for explaining how to do this.

The attached Areca-100202-oem.tgz file uses the latest Areca driver you can get from here: ftp://ftp.areca.com.tw/RaidCards/AP_Dri ... 100202.zip

I've created a USB stick and an ISO file that will list my Areca RAID array as a disk I can install VMware ESXi 4.0 Update 1 to. These were made on Ubuntu 10.04 if anyone is curious about compatibility for Varazir's script and ESXi 4.0 Update 1.

Attachments:
File comment: Areca's 100202 driver for VMware ESXi 4.0. Custom oem.tgz file.
areca-100202-oem.tgz [158.97 KiB]
Downloaded 515 times
Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Thank you so much, xivm. You were very helpful too, Dave, I was just about to attempt to make my own when I got xivm's message. I am so glad this forum exists, with any luck I should have my server up and running by the end of this weekend. Thanks again to everyone. You guys are awesome.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:07 pm

I finally managed to find the arcmsr.o. There is a folder called .rpm (with a dot) on the Areca ISO with the drivers. That's why I did not find it in the beginning. I have extracted the arcmsr.o from the rpm in that folder and have created an oem.tgz which works fine. I will link a working oem.tgz in the first post in this thread to make it easy for people to find.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2