View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 RTL8168 with ICH8, multiple integration of drivers? 

Post RTL8168 with ICH8, multiple integration of drivers?
Hello fellow VMware users,

I am pretty new to the Baremetal field and was working with Vmware Server and Workstation for quite some time. I have a server that has RTL8168 and ICH8 8086:2820 and 8086:2825.

I have read numerous articles on the forum regarding modification of oem.tgz but what baffles me is that most of them are modifying the file for a single driver integration. Is it possible to integrate support for multiple drivers like the Scottish Captain's ICH8 oem.tgz and IRJustmans RTL8168 oem.tgz in one oem.tgz and then create a CD so that both of'em could be loaded for the server to work fine?

PS: Scottish's post mentions that I can use my drives normally in SATA AHCI mode and don't really have to use the IDE Enhanced mode to make it work. Am i correct? as the topic mentions AHCI nonraid AND nonAHCI nonraid support.

I would appreciate if the fellow community could point me in the right direction for creating a workable solution for my testbed.

Thanks,

Soby.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:42 am

Post Re: RTL8168 with ICH8, multiple integration of drivers?
Soby wrote:
Hello fellow VMware users,

I am pretty new to the Baremetal field and was working with Vmware Server and Workstation for quite some time. I have a server that has RTL8168 and ICH8 8086:2820 and 8086:2825.

I have read numerous articles on the forum regarding modification of oem.tgz but what baffles me is that most of them are modifying the file for a single driver integration. Is it possible to integrate support for multiple drivers like the Scottish Captain's ICH8 oem.tgz and IRJustmans RTL8168 oem.tgz in one oem.tgz and then create a CD so that both of'em could be loaded for the server to work fine?

Try to follow this guide

Tell me if you have any doubt...

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 am

Post Re: RTL8168 with ICH8, multiple integration of drivers?
I checked both the guides and they're pretty much self explanatory. I will see what I can gather out from though I know I will have major issue because I am a Windows person but I'll try to do something with it.

Also upon closely reading Scottish Captain's post I see that he is using the the stock ahci driver for the ICH8 AHCI-noRaid configuration. I will first try to just integrate the RTL8168 driver and see if it works.

I will keep this post updated if I face any issues.

Thanks for the help Spike.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]